Jiangyin Hengye Forging Co., Ltd
Introduction to the characteristics of petrochemical equipment forgings
Forgings refer to workpieces or blanks obtained by forging and deforming metal blanks. Petrochemical equipment forgings are accessories used in petrochemical equipment.
Petrochemical equipment forgings
Features of petrochemical equipment forgings:
1) The weight range of petrochemical equipment forgings is large. Forgings range from as small as a few grams to as large as several hundred tons
2) Higher quality than castings. The mechanical properties of petrochemical equipment forgings are better than those of castings, and they can withstand large impact forces and other heavy loads. Therefore, forgings are used for all important and large-stressed parts. For high carbide steels, forgings are of better quality than rolling stock. For example, high-speed steel rolled products can only meet the requirements of use after forging. In particular, high-speed steel milling cutters must be forged.
3) The petrochemical equipment forgings are light in weight. On the premise of ensuring the design strength, the weight of forgings is lighter than that of castings, which reduces the weight of the machine itself, which is of great significance to vehicles, airplanes, vehicles and space aircraft.
4) Save raw materials. For example, when a crankshaft with a dead weight of 17kg is used in automobiles, when the rolling material is used for cutting and forging, the chips account for 189% of the crankshaft weight, while when die forging is used, the chips only account for 30%, and the machining time is shortened by 1/6. Precision forged forgings can not only save more raw materials, but also save more machining hours.
5) High productivity of petrochemical equipment forgings. For example, two hot forging presses are used to forge radial thrust bearings, which can replace 30 automatic cutting machines. When using the upsetting automatic machine to produce M24 nuts, the productivity of the six-axis automatic lathe is 17.5 times.
6) Petrochemical equipment forgings have great flexibility. Therefore, forging methods are widely used in some repair factories to produce various accessories.